Empowering Volunteers to Invest in the Lives and Futures of At-Risk Youth
At Inland Empire United Way, we are committed to investing in the future self-sufficiency of disadvantaged youth in our community. That’s why we’ve launched Mentor Connection, a collaborative initiative aimed at recruiting, training and mobilizing committed volunteer readers, tutors and mentors to prepare disadvantaged youth to succeed in school and be prepared for future self-sufficiency.
- Increased school attendance and likelihood to attend college
- Reduced school drop-out and improved academic skills & performance
- Enhanced confidence, social attitudes and improved communication skills
- Reduced negative youth behaviors such as drug and alcohol use
- If you operate a reading, tutoring or mentoring program and would like to post your volunteer opportunities on United Way’s Mentor Connection, please contact Dixie Torres at email@example.com or 909.980.2857x223.
- If you are interested in upcoming trainings or technical support related to operating an effective reading, tutoring or mentoring program, please contact Lorraine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909.980.2857x203.